"Slavery Footprint Campus Challenge"
Sponsored by mtvU
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS CONTEST SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ONLY ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
- Entry Period: "Slavery Footprint Campus Challenge" (the "Contest") entry period commences at 06:00:01 AM (ET) September 19, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) December 31, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) December 31, 2012 and must comply with these Official Rules.
- Schools: In order to be eligible to be declared the Winning School, a school must be one (1) of the accredited United States colleges or universities listed on the Slavery Footprint App registration page (collectively, the "Schools"). Schools not listed in the Slavery Footprint App registration page dropdown are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Students: In order to participate and be eligible to be declared a Winning Student, an individual must (i) be a legal resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) be at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction of his/her legal residence and (iii) be currently enrolled as a part time or full time student in the Fall 2012 semester at one of the Schools (collectively, the "Entrant"). Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("VMN or "Sponsor"), Call + Response ("Call +Response"), and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, with VMN, the "Contest Entities") are not eligible. By participating in this Contest, Entrants: (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (ii) release and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize (if applicable) and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action; and (iii) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
Any attempt by any Entrant to submit more than one entry by using multiple or different accounts, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entry and that Entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Eligible Entry, the authorized holder of the e-mail account used to submit such Eligible Entry will be declared the Entrant. An "authorized e-mail account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, government, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any and all Eligible Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. All entries become the exclusive property of VMN and Call + Response and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries".
- Winning Students Selection/Notification: On or about the week of December 31, 2012, one (1) Winning School and up to three (3) Winning Students from the Winning School will be selected based on the total number of Points the School has attained proportionate to the size of the School's then-current enrollment. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the forty-eight (48) hour period following the Winning Students' selection to contact the potential Winning Students via the telephone number(s) and/or email address provided on his/her registration form. If a potential Winning Student cannot be reached during the forty-eight (48) hour period in which he/she is emailed and/or called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) such potential Winning Student will be disqualified and an alternate Winning Student may be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, if time permits.
- Winning Students Verification: Each Winning Student must prove eligibility, upon request of Sponsor, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and enrollment as a part time or full time student during the Fall 2012 semester at one of the eligible Schools within two (2) days of being notified as a potential Winning Student. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winning Student, such potential Winning Student shall be disqualified. and all privileges otherwise due as a Winning Student shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winning Student may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in Sponsor's sole discretion, if time permits. Each Winning Student must complete, sign and return to Sponsor, within two (2) days after the date of Sponsor's request therefore and presentation thereof: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sponsor and each of its officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, or misuse of a prize (if applicable) (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) all legal documents that Sponsor may require (in its sole discretion). Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Failure of any Winning Student to complete, sign and return to Sponsor such affidavit, release and legal documentation within such two (2) day period shall result in the potential Winning Student's disqualification from the Contest, in which event an alternate potential Winning Student may be selected, in Sponsor's sole discretion, if time permits. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winning Student and/or Winning School for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
- Promotional Consideration: The Winning School and the Winning Students, will be acknowledged and receive the following promotional consideration: (i) a mention on mtvU and/or mtvU.com in or around January 2012, and (ii) a verbal and/or graphic mention on "MTV" and/or on act.MTV.com in or around January 2012 ( the "Promotional Consideration"). The Promotional Consideration constitutes the complete "prize" and there is no retail value associated with the Promotional Consideration.
General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules by any Entrant may result in disqualification of such Entrant. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNING STUDENT (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNING STUDENT'S DISQUALIFICATION FROM ANY FURTHER PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, AND ANY AND ALL BENEFITS AND PRIVILEGES POTENTIALLY TO BE ACCORDED TO SUCH WINNING STUDENT WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY, IRREVOCABLY AND IN PERPETUTIY.
Contest Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Eligible Entries in this Contest. Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, or any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled votes or failure to receive votes, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Winning School and Winning Students. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest (including, but not limited to, the online voting process), or for any reason Sponsor deems it necessary, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or the judging process and to determine the Winning School and Winning Students in its sole discretion. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Web Site and the Promotional Consideration may be awarded to an alternate winning School and Winning Students to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations by Sponsor of these Official Rules, and all decisions by Sponsor under and relating to these Official Rules, are final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated email or voting entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated email or voting entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Promotional Consideration awarded in connection with the Contest.
- Request for Names of the Winning School and Winning Students and Official Rules: For the names of the Winning School and Winning Students and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Viacom Media Networks, Attention: "Slavery Footprint Campus Challenge", 1515 Broadway, 40th Floor, New York, NY 10036. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winning School and Winning Students must be made by March 31, 2013. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the names of the "Winners" or both. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
- Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by mtvU, a brand of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.